Aims & Objects
The aims and objects of the Society are as follows:-
- To contribute to poverty alleviation and for this purpose assist people to establish different income generating projects for self employment, and thus help them so that they could become self-reliant in the long-run.
- To advance and promote the equal status of woman in the family, as well as in society, gender issues should be included in all awareness-raising activities and programs, which are undertaken by the Society.
- To motivate, organise and form groups of people from the local community and also help them understand their real needs and problems, trace the casual links and to find out possible solutions.
- To organise different training programmes and increase skill and awareness among the members through participatory training.
- To undertake educational programmes for adults and children including the teaching on agriculture, Pisciculture, vocational crafts and also to provide books to the deserving students.
- To help claim, defend, retain and enhance the status and dignity of less privileged people of our working areas by supporting assistance to them, and if necessary rehabilitate them in the Society.
- To enter into any arrangement with any Government, Government Agency or Local Authority and to obtain such rights and privileges, concession and advantages that may seem conducive to the objects and interests of the Society and to carry out, exercise and to comply with such arrangements, rights, concessions, privileges and advantages.
- To establish and support the establishment of any Association, Fund, and Trust deemed to benefit the employees of the Society or the dependants of such persons.
- To do all such other lawful acts, deeds and things as are incidental and conducive to the attainment of the aims and objects or any of them.